Oct 30, 2007

The Great Barbie Massacre

Since we left Australia, there's something that we haven't quite managed to get around to doing. If you've seen some of the photos, there's a small chance that you might have picked it up. Of course there's a good chance that you haven't taken any notice either.

Michael and Sam haven't had a haircut. I attempted to fix that a couple of weeks ago, but with limited time, I gave up after about the third hair place because there was no way we were going to get through it before they had to be at ringette.

Other than having really long hair, it was a pain in the proverbial with Sam if for no other reason than his hair seemed to work its way out from under his helmet and into his eyes (a head band soon fixed that but don't tell him I told you). But it wasn't really that much of an on-going prospect and so it was time for them to get a haircut. And I volunteered to take them.

I had asked Sam if he'd like his short at the back like mine and he was fine with that. Michael was a little more reserved and decided that he'd like to see Sam's hair before he committed.

So Caroline dropped us off and I took Michael and Sam into the hairdressers. There wasn't a whole lot of English being spoken in there, but that was no reason to be concerned. I outlined what I was looking for with Sam's haircut, a number three at the back and some length left on top.

Part of me thought that maybe it would be a good idea to do this in stages, but that number three was ripped straight up the back of his head and there was no going back.

When it was done, Michael decided that he too would go down the same path. And so we have two boys with very short hair. By the time that it was finished, I looked at the floor and it looked like there'd been a Barbie massacre ... all those long golden locks on the floor.

Photos to come

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the photos!

And what's with all this "Happy Halloween" business on that email? It's just not Australian! Not natural!

Krista