Nov 2, 2007

Pack your bags!

Sometimes I turn the computer on and when drift comes up as my homepage, realise that it's been a while since I've updated it. Of course, I like to update it when I have something to say or a story to tell, not just for the sake of seeing something no tool to write with nearby). And then sometimes things quite simply leap out and say, "blog me!" Tonight was one of those nights, I'd been out at a work function and when I came home, did the rounds saying goodnight to the kids ... watch the attached video and you'll see why I put this here straight after!

Right, I've had all sorts of trouble trying to get either a photo or the video attached to this post, so for now, description will have to do.

I went upstairs to say goodnight to the kids, avoiding the suitcase that had been left on the landing of the stairs. I said goodnight to Thomas, looked in on Michael, but Emily was nowhere to be found. I went back down the stairs, past the suitcase to see if she'd fallen asleep on a couch or something silly.

As I walked back up the stairs to see if perhaps she'd done something crazy like decide to sleep in her wardrobe, I almost walked past the suitcase again. Thinking myself mad, I opened the lid of the suitcase.

Sure enough, curled up with her quilt, inside the suitcase was the little pink thing, fast asleep!

No comments: