Oct 6, 2007

Jasper ... pt 1

Don't get excited, there's no update (well other than this of course). I've managed to type up a couple of things over the last week and they're all sitting on my USB drive waiting for me to upload them. Unfortunately, my USB drive is in Fort McMurray and We're all in Jasper. This weekend is thanksgiving and so we get a long one. We took off from Fort Mac Friday night and overnighted in Edmonton. After a brief shopping stop to pick up a bike for Thomas' birthday and some choice leather goods for Caroline and I, we hit the road again, arriving here at about 3:30pm.

We managed to stroll down most of the main street and stopped at a restaurant for dinner (glad that I had the small steak, because I nearly exploded and I reckon the big one would have been most of the cow that had been carved out of the jacket I bought earlier in the day).

So yeah, this is just to let you know we're alive, we're having fun, we've escaped Fort Mac for the weekend and are looking to a fun day exploring Jasper tomorrow ... hopefully including a bus trip to a glacier. Should be an expensive hoot!

Will post more upon our return from civilisation.

~dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So it's true that serving sizes over there are totally massive? And that a small over there equates to a large one here? No wonder people over there are getting so fat if that's what they eat!

Krista