Feb 28, 2008

i like to drive!

So I am currently in Calgary and the initial reason for the visit was to undertake my practical license test so that I can get a valid Alberta license rather than continue to try and stretch the legitimacy of driving on an international license (when I lived in Singapore I only got around to legitimatising myself when I was pulled over by the police one day).

Karma dictated that I was destined to fail today because when a mate went for his test and failed for going through a stop sign, I googled stop and sent him the definition.

I'm pleased to say though that I have avoided the grasping hand of fate and passed first time. I only lost points on three occasions, each for the same thing.

On the first day that I was in Canada, I was warned that if you entered the intersection on the green light and waited before turning left when you just had a green light and no arrow (as we do for a right hand turn back home) you would get fined.

So I was extremely concious of this through my test and ensured that I didn't enter the intersection too early when turning left. I got pinged 3 times for being too cautious! That'll teach me to listen to people that don't know what they're talking about!

But the good news is of course, that I passed. The bad news is that the bureaucracy has beaten me and although I started writing this last weekend, I still don't have a license! I need to make sure that I get it before I come back home next week!

No comments: