Jun 28, 2007

Where Dead People Go + Beauty Tips

Where the dead people go.

Yesterday we took the kids out of school so that we could all go to the zoo together for a last outing in Adelaide as a family.

As we stood watching the Lions, waiting for them to be fed, Emily said to me, “They might feed them a person Daddy!”

“No, I don’t think so, I think that you’ll find that they will give them a bit of meat from a dead animal.”

“It might be a dead person Daddy.”

“No, I really think that you’ll find that it will be a piece of dead cow Emily.”

“Or it might just be a bit of a dead person, like a leg, Daddy!”

I gave in, obviously there wasn’t going to be any swaying that line of thought.


Beauty tips

This morning as I was getting Emily into the car, I told her how beautiful she looked.

“I don’t want to wear beautiful clothes Daddy,” she told me adamantly.

“But I like it when you’re beautiful,” I assured her.

“Yes, but I might get them dirty and then I won’t be beautiful and I’ll have to put on even more beautiful clothes and I might not have any!”

Ah, the workings of a young mind.





…2 more sleeps … yikes!

No comments: