May 7, 2007

My Wife is Wonderful. Reason #2936

We were busy painting doors yesterday. It's just one of the many things that we're attempting to do in the limited amount of time that we have left before we leave these fair shores for Canada.

Mum and Dad were over giving us a hand and we'd done some child swapping with friends to keep them out of the way and/or entertained.

The last thing that I want when I am painting is assistance from anyone under the age of about 14. I don't have access to assistance from 14 year olds so I haven't ruled it out yet, but I may in future depending on the results.

Of course children under the age of about 7 see you painting stuff and they just want to join in. At times like that I put on my stuffy old Daddy voice and declare that no, this is something that the adults need to do.

My wife, endowed with more patience that one person should possibly be endowed with (she puts up with me after all) calmly lets them pick up a brush and assist her. I can't help but admire her willingness to go through that so that the kids get to enjoy themselves.

Its simply one more reason to love her.

No comments: