Apr 12, 2007

Canadia - An Update

Ok, so I think its about time that I provided an update on what’s going on, given that I have a little more information than previously. And I stress, a little.

Probably the most important piece of information is that the timing of our move has come forward. It is now looking certain(ish) that we will be leaving these fair shores at the end of June. We will initially relocate to Fort McMurray in Alberta where I’ll be assisting with the implementation process of our contract with Suncor.

We’ll be there for a couple of months and then move down to Sarnia, Ontario in about September in time for the kids to start school. Yes, those crazy Canadians start their school year in September. I’m sure it’s the least of the oddities that we’ll have to get used to.

Like I said, it’s a little bit more information. The timing is at least getting more definite. Apparently, they’ve even nearly finished writing the position description for me role. Once that’s done, I even hope to get a letter that might outline the little things like what I’ll be paid for this grand adventure!

But one thing at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! You'll leave Australia in winter and arrive in Canada just in time for summer.