Mar 20, 2007

Busted

I had a phone call from Caroline then other week to say that the police had been around to the house looking for me.

Fortunately it wasn't anything too serious ... I'd gone through a red light camera. I knew that I'd done it, but given the time since, I had hoped somehow it would have magically gone away.

We were in a turn right lane and I wanted to go straight ahead. Despite waiting for the traffic to go from the lane to the left of me, I'd been creeping forward. When the lane was clear I pulled out through the intersection to go straight ahead (with the green light) when *poof* the intersection lit up like daylight. I'd entered the intersection in the turn right lane against the red light to turn. Busted.

I'd probably rant about how good it is that our police are spending their time chasing these things down whilst people are trafficking drugs to our children or something if I wasn't quite so aware of the fact that despite good intentions I was in the wrong.

Still, $200 is an expensive lesson that I really didn't need. Its not like I was trying to rush through at the last minute or anything!

No comments: