Apr 24, 2011

A Very Special Vintage

We’d been drinking the night before and I had left what I thought was an empty bottle of white wine in Jason and Bel’s annex. As I’d thought it empty, I was somewhat surprised when Bel brought it back in with about a glass of wine left.

Not thinking anymore of it at the time and being busy with the dishes, I put it next to the sink and forgot about it. Later in the day Caroline said something about the fact that it should probably be in the fridge, but neither of us bothered to act at the time.

It was about 4:30 in the afternoon when Jason came in and asked to have a quiet word. As I was in the middle of getting changed, I wasn’t in a position to leave the caravan and asked him what he needed. He quietly asked if I had the bottle of wine that Bel had given back to me earlier in the day. I did and showed him at which there was something of a relieved look before he started laughing and explained that he’d been up in the middle of the night and didn’t want to face the walk down to the amenities block, so had picked up the empty wine bottle and quietly relieved himself.

He’d then gone fishing with Caroline early in the morning with neither Bel nor I any the wiser.

Thank all that’s holy that I hadn’t tossed it in the fridge and opted for a quiet glass at lunch time!

No comments: