Dec 3, 2008

Sins of the Father

Last week was parent teacher interviews for the kids at school, so we trundled along to hear what their teachers would have to say about them. Nothing bad and plenty of good which was lovely. Its an amazing insight into a part of their lives that I otherwise don’t get get a view of.

There was one little piece of the night that cracked me up and I had to note. We were talking to Michael’s science math teacher and she was telling us how Michael usually finished his work early and was quite happy to help some of the students that were struggling with the work, that he was something of a leader in the class. Then she mentioned that if there was one thing that he could work on in the class, it was that he tended to do quite a bit of reading in the class.

Déjà vu! Flash back to year 11 when Mum and Dad came home from a parent teacher interview at school and let me know that my Biology (and home room) teacher had made the observation that if I spent a little more time concentrating on the class and less time reading my books under the desk, then maybe I would be able to better than the mid 80’s I was getting!

Man did I laugh!

No comments: