Mar 7, 2008

The Bachelor

Yes, for the last two weeks I have been here in Canada sans family; left to my own devices and fending for myself.

I had some grand plans for this time alone and some of them have come to fruition and others have fallen by the wayside. Principally the ones that haven't have been things like cleaning the house, where as the ones that have have been along the lines of maintaining an exercise regime.

And of course with a new job, there's been more than enough to keep me busy. When you consider the fact that after I dropped Caroline and the kids off in Vancouver I was only then home for 3 nights before going away for 4 nights, then back late on the Monday, in Calgary for Wednesday and today is only Friday, things have really been just a little bit hectic.

With the exercise regime that I've kicked in to go with the Fit n Firm Challenge that I am participating in, by the time that I've cooked, eaten and exercised, there really hasn't been time for much else. But considering I've managed to get my weight below what it was when I left home, I'm pleased ... but there's a long way to go still. Coming home to real take away food and chocolate is going to be a hell of a challenge on my will power. Especially over Easter.

Of course, I did manage to squeeze in a little skiing in the Rockies (but I can't say that I enjoyed it too much (I did, but I can't say it – people might get jealous)). Which if you happen to have noticed the little photo thingy at the top right, you'll see some evidence of.

It is very strange to come home to an empty house and not have it invaded by the noise and chaos that we consider normal within the household. I find myself going to bed and saying goodnight to the kids bedrooms, just because I don't get to go in and give them that final kiss at the end of the night. I'm really looking forward to my hugs.

No comments: