Sep 23, 2010

The heaviest sleeper of them all

The family all arrived safely from Europe, tired but happy to be here. They were tired enough that it was considered prudent to let them have a little bit of sleep before I dragged them here there and everywhere for their first day.

So about 10am everyone clambered into bed and by about 10:00:23, four of the five were happily off in the land of sleepy bo-bos. Two hours later it was time to get everyone up again so that they didn’t have so much sleep that they couldn’t sleep later on when the sun disappeared.

Sam woke up nicely, Michael woke up but everytime I turned around he’d laid back down again and was ‘resting his eyes’. Caroline woke up, but didn’t really seem to show any intent of actually moving and of course then there was Emily.

Emily didn’t want to wake up for love nor money. I poked, I tickled, I gently shook, I opened the curtains to allow the sun to stream in. Nothing was working. I stole the covers and decided that maybe dragging her out of bed would be the bit that would finally do the trick. I didn’t want to drop her on the floor though and so as she came off the bed, I lifted her by the ankles.

And she slept on.

I had the mite upside down. Hanging in the air. And she didn’t even wake up.

That’s some serious sleeping. I had to put her down of course. After all, her face did start to go a little red. In the end I carried her out to the car and she woke up there eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! nice!