Dec 2, 2009

Miscellany

Deer
I happened to look out the window during a meeting today (hey I live in a box without windows all day and don’t t see the sun, give me a break!) and happened to see two Mule deer walking past through the car park. Not something you see every day.

Twilight
No, I haven’t seen the movie. No, I haven’t read the book. Yes, I have seen too many publicity photos plastered across the web. All I have to ask is; Is it mandatory to have eyes that don’t open properly to feature as a teen heart throb in this flick? Take a good look: Stewart, Lautner and Pattison. Either they’ve dropped more drugs together than can possibly be good for someone, or they just missed out on getting eyes that open all the way up. Sure, I’m not the most photogenic bloke out there and hell my eyes aren’t exactly going to get my mug on the web, but I just can’t help but notice that in almost every photo I’ve seen of this trio, they all look whacked.

Irony
Fort McMurray sits amongst the second largest oil deposit in the world. Its in the form of Oilsands though, so we mine the sand, extract the bitumen and then turn it to crude. The crude gets sent elsewhere for processing. I can’t help but find it ironic though that whilst working in the second largest oil deposit in the world, the local petrol station ran out of fuel. Twice, in the last 2 weeks.

No comments: