Oct 28, 2009

delayed

Today (well it was when I wrote this ... 2 days ago now) was supposed to be a happy day, because Mum and Dad were going to be arriving in Fort McMurray to visit us. The obvious use of tense here gives away the fact that that isn’t going to happen. Apparently they missed their connection in Sydney by 10 minutes. I don’t know the details of why, but I blame Air Canada because they seem to be good at that sort of thing (I have no idea if it’s true or not, but they should have bloody waited!)

That means that having put the kids to bed full of the excitement and anticipation of Nanny and Poppa’s imminent arrival, they get to wake up to disappointment and an extra sleep added to the count.

The other highlight for this week was supposed to be the pool table that we’ve ordered for Christmas arriving at our door. Although it’s for Christmas, when we ordered it we were told that as they had a delivery already going to Fort McMurray on the 28th, they should be able to get it up there at the same time. That certainly had us excited.

Having heard nothing from them since placing the order, I thought that I’d check and make sure that it was still going to be arriving as planned. After all, we’ve all been looking forward to having the table in the house (it was quickly decided that there’d be no waiting until Christmas!) So I called through at lunch time only to be told “it seems that the delivery has been delayed and won’t arrive until the 2nd of November and of course that means arriving in Edmonton on the 2nd, so I asked when I could expect it to arrive in Fort McMurray. “Oh, I’m not sure, you’ll have to speak to your salesman about that, he’s at lunch just now and I’ll have him call you back.”

One day I’d just like to have someone give me some good news *sigh*.

No comments: