Mar 14, 2009

Hold Please

I had to ring our client’s IT support group today, always one of those fun things to do when you’re looking to while some time away in the afternoon, because for a start, you know that its serviced out of India, and with the obscure little issue that I had, there was that feeling going into the call that they simply weren’t going to be able to help me.

Sure enough, not long into the call, the guy on the phone had to put me on hold whilst he conferred with someone else (knowing my luck that someone else sits 100m from me here in Canada, but I doubt it).

So on hold … which of course means hold music. What did I get? Killing Me Softly. Now it might just have been my, but I had to give a wry chuckle as I whiled away a small piece of my life that I’ll never get back listening to that!

No comments: